Ohana Media Group believes that happy employees are productive employees and good corporate citizens.
We strive to maintain a workplace that is challenging, stimulating, diverse and committed to a rewarding career experience for all. We believe in teaching, training and investing in quality employees.
March 3, 2016
Future Opportunities with Ohana Media Group, LLC The Ohana Media Group, LLC is seeking out interested persons for future programming and operations department openings within our company. OMG has stations on Oregon’s north coast in Astoria (News/Talk, Country, Classic Rock, Hot A/C) and in the Last Frontier of Alaska in Anchorage & Wasilla (Rhythmic CHR, Country, Adult Hits, Classic Hits, Hot A/C and News/Talk). We are seeking out broadcasters who have interest in programming, operations, promotions, production and on-air. If you have such interest, please send your resume with references, sample of your air work & production or an outline of your promotional experience and which cluster you may have interest in to email@example.com. While we don't have any current openings, we'd like to know who may be interested in joining our company. The Ohana Media Group, LLC is a private owned, equal opportunity employer committed to serving our communities with great radio in the great northwest.
March 8, 2016
General Manager/Director of Sales – Oregon Coast Ohana Media Group, LLC is seeking out interested candidates for the newly created position of General Manager/Director of Sales at our five station Astoria, Oregon cluster. In this position, the successful candidate will have oversight of the Astoria market operations including market profitability, responsibility for facilitating the implementation of radio and/or non-broadcast sales programs designed to maximize sales revenues and achieve revenue goals set forth by the company. The person hired should have a working knowledge of all applicable FCC rules and regulations; ability to handle recruiting, training and mentoring knowledge, understand sales principles and practices, develop knowledge and understanding of the cluster’s on-air, digital and recruitment products, customer needs, competition and market trends. There will also be responsibility in helping design and craft the cluster’s annual budget and revenue goals as well as working with the corporate team on creating and successfully implementing a long term vision and strategy. Interested candidates may send their resume, references and an outline of their management & sales philosophies to Bill Sigmar, Chief Operating Officer, Ohana Media Group, LLC, P.O. Box 99827, Seattle, WA 98139. You may also email your material to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Ohana Media Group, LLC is a privately owned, equal opportunity employer committed to serving our communities with great radio in the great northwest.
Position: Promotions & Digital Manager
Promotions and Digital Manager
Ohana Media Group – Anchorage is searching for a Promotions and Digital Manager who’s ready to hit the ground running and maximize station ratings and revenue potential through creative promotions and exceptional event organization and execution. The successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of station and client promotions and web management including; working hand in hand with sales and programming to conceptualize and execute all contests and events, scheduling/training/managing remote personnel, face to face interaction with clients, station brand strategy/development, station advertising campaigns, social media initiatives, website design, development, content and revenue generation, and have a strong customer service approach towards listeners, clients and staff.
Education and Licensing Requirements:
• Must have a current driver’s license and good driving record
• Must be 21 years of age or older
• College degree in Business Management, Marketing or Communications preferred
• Candidate must be proficient in Microsoft Office programs(PowerPoint, Word, Excel, etc.), and experienced in using Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Minimum of 1 year of experience in event management, marketing, promotions, or project management
• Experience working with Content Management Systems
• Extensive Social Media knowledge
• Digital/Graphic design experience
• Creative and journalistic writing skills a plus
• Knowledge of analytics, especially Google analytics, and how to translate metrics into plain English for sales and programming staff
• Ability to work effectively in time-sensitive situations and meet deadlines; coordinate multiple projects and complex tasks simultaneously
• Ability to exercise independent judgment and initiative with minimal supervision
• Pay attention to detail, and troubleshoot user-friendliness and technical issues
• Ability to interact with management and staff at all levels
• Available for weekend, evening, holiday, and early morning promotion work
• Must be physically capable of long hours, extended exposure to the outdoors, and able to lift 50 pounds or more
Job Duties: (to include but will not be limited to)
• Consult, collaborate, and brainstorm with sales team, clients, and Program Directors in order to create compelling promotional concepts that include a 360 degree approach
• Execute/coordinate promotions. Breakdown promotion into its’ various elements, develop timeline, plan of action to execute, budget, follow through and recap.
• Planning and coordination of Major Book Promotions from inception to completion working closely with the Operations Manager and Program Director(s) to include scheduling and coordinating execution of on air contesting and on the street marketing
• Build cume through strategic and tactical marketing campaigns. Serve the cume through customer relations, always striving to achieve a positive experience
• Coordinate/communicate with listeners in dealing with listener inquiries. Maintain and build listener relationships
• Responsible for maintaining Promotional Calendar, updating on a daily basis, keeping sales staff informed of promotional activity
• Organize and build agenda and host weekly Promotions Meeting
• Responsible for all station sales remotes and promotional broadcasts. Establish and maintain standards for outside station appearances
• Supervise promotions assistants. Duties will include hiring, training, scheduling and on-site supervision. As supervisor, you will insure they are performing as outlined in their job descriptions and evaluate their performance
• Work with the Director of Sales, General Manager, corporate staff and the promotion/sales assistant in coordinating digital and web efforts to further the marketing and promotional opportunities for Ohana Media Group stations.
• Other duties, as assigned
Interested parties may submit their resume, references, sample of previous promotions & digital work and an outline on promotions & digital philosophies to: Tom Oakes, VP/Programming, Ohana Media Group, 833 Gambell Street, Anchorage, AK 99501 or send materials to email@example.com. No calls please. Ohana Media Group, LLC is an equal opportunity employer
If you're interested in a career with OMG and don't see the exact position you've been looking for listed or if you have any questions regarding employment with OMG, we'd love to hear from you. Please send your resume/question(s) to:
Ohana Media Group
Attn: Human Resources
PO Box 99827
Seattle, Washington 98139-0827
In accordance with the FCC's EEO regulations, any organization that regularly distributes information about employment opportunities to job seekers or refers job seekers to employers may request that it be provided notice of OMG job vacancies as they occur. If your organization would like to be notified of such vacancies, please contact Human Resources at OMG, PO Box 99827, Seattle, WA 98139-0827 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Each organization that wishes to be given notice of job vacancies must provide its name, mailing address, telephone number, and contact person, and identify the category or categories of vacancies of which it requests notice. (An organization may request notice of all vacancies).